The Bellevue Hotel was built in the late 1800's. It was constructed with Greek Revival features, consisting of heavy corner pilasters, which had been kept following a fire in 1881. The original building had a Greek Revival doorway that was lost during various remodeling.
The Mansard roof, one of few in town, and the rear addition reflect the Victorian Era.
During the 1880's the Buffalo, Bellevue and Lancaster Railroad (BB&L) established the electric trolly. It carried passengers from Buffalo to Lancaster and the Bellevue Hotel was a stop along the way.
The recently remodeled interior reflects some of the beautiful aspects of the Victorian Era.